MSN Explorer – Security Enhancements
July 15, 2013 7 Comments
- Security Enhancements to MSN Explorer will start to roll-out at the end of July 2013.
- Changes will require (1) Password input/verification upon every access/sign-in; (2) Minimum operating system (XPSp3 or later); Minimum version of MSN Explorer (10.5 or later)
Dear MSN Member
Security enhancements are coming to your MSN Explorer sign-in experience which will require that:
- You must enter your password on every sign-in. Make sure you know your password.
- You can verify your password at https:\\login.live.com.
- You are using the latest version of MSN Explorer which is version 10.50:
- You must upgrade to the latest MSN Explorer version. The latest versions start with 10.50. Verify that you are running MSN 10.5 by doing the following:
- Launch MSN Explorer
- Click Help & Settings
- Click on About MSN
- If the version shown starts with 10.50, then you are running the latest version.
- See the FAQ for instructions on upgrading if you are not on the current version.
- You must verify you are running a supported operating system version:
- Click Start, and then click Run.
- In the Open box, type winver.exe, and then click OK. The version number is displayed in the About Windows box.
If you are running Windows XP Service Pack 3, Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8:
- Your operating system is supported.
If you are running Windows XP, Windows XP Service Pack 1 or Windows XP Service Pack 2:
- You must upgrade to Windows XP Service Pack 3. Follow the directions on this site.
If you are running Windows 98, Windows ME or Windows 2000:
- These operating systems are no longer supported by MSN Explorer.
- For information on alternatives and saving your information please refer to the FAQ.
The update will start rolling out at the end of July. We appreciate your patience as we work to keep your online experience as safe as possible. If you have questions on these changes you can refer to the FAQ or contact MSN Product Support at 1-800-386-5550.
Your MSN Explorer Team
- MSN Explorer Sign-in Changes FAQ’s – https://membercenter.msn.com/SignupChangeFAQ.aspx
- MSN Explorer Versions prior to 10.5 will no longer work
- Windows XP Sp3, Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8 will be the only supported operating systems
- Enhanced ant-phishing capabilities will be deployed by adding McAfee® SiteAdvisor® technology to MSN Explorer
July 15, 2013: Original Draft and Original Publish Date