Windows 10 – Free Upgrade Information
June 1, 2015
Windows 7 SP1 and Windows 8.1 upgrade options for Windows 10
- Reserve a free upgrade for Windows 7 SP1 and Windows 8.1 Update devices via the ‘Get Windows 10’ upgrade app icon in the lower right side of the Windows Task Bar.
- Buy a new Windows 8.1 device and upgrade it for free to Windows 10
- Note: Windows 7 SP1 and Windows 8.1 users have until July 29, 2016 to take advantage of the free Windows 10 Upgrade offer
- Get Windows 10 Upgrade app (graphic)
2. Windows 10 Questions and Answers (FAQ’s – Frequently Asked Questions)
3. Windows 10 upgrade via Windows Update is expected to be a download about 3 GB in size.
4. Reserving Windows 10 via the ‘ Get Windows 10’ app will generate a compatibility report for devices and applications indicating if the device and installed applications are compatible with Windows 10
5. The ‘Get Windows 10 app’ will place an icon in the lower right of the Windows Task Bar
6. Reserving will place your device in a Microsoft Windows 10 upgrade queue for later download and install.
June 1, 2015: Original Draft and Publish Date
June 9, 2015: Added link for ‘What Compatibility Report Means’